Sunday, June 17, 2012

Passion for Helping

You would be amazed at how much you get out of volunteering, the excitement of knowing your efforts will impact some body's life is an indescribable feeling. I have volunteered over 120 hours in service hours to many places in my community; including The Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club, The Senior Atrium High Rise, a free Community Car Wash, and with Clark Atlanta Upward Bound Program.  I strongly believe that those to who much is given, much is expected! Practicing selflessness helps me to be patient with myself and others and well as to grow from my experiences and appreciate those around me. I can honestly say I know what to be humble means, seeing how I never take for granite the things I have in my life.  However I am here to advise you when choosing somewhere to volunteer it is wise to pick something you are interested in or something that you are passionate about. Its also much more fun an exciting when your friends are there to share the experience with you, so invite others when volunteering, you never know how much of an impact you can make. Remember, there is power in numbers.

3 comments:

  1. I love how you impact your community and how you are very inclined with your community! Colleges will see this as a great factor when trying to apply. Keep up the community enrichment, it will pay off in the long run!

    richardmcg33.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Richard. A great addition to this post would be a photo of you doing community service. That would really add credibility. Also, the word should be "granted" not "granite".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everything you have said. It definetly fits your character. Continue to do what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete