Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Dream College

Reminiscing on my eighth grade experience at Inman Middle School I came to a epiphany that The University of Georgia was the college of my dreams. I remember our class trip like it was yesterday. My class mates and I were overwhelmed at the site of such a dynamic college campus. It was my first college tour and I was eager to learn as much about college as I could consume in a 30 minute tour. I remember our tour guide, who was also their star quarterback during that time bragging and boasting about their D1 ranked athletics department. His hubris attitude when giving us a tour throughout the football stadium showed how satisfied he was with their performance on and off the field. However, the cafeteria food caught my attention, the many selections and choices amazed me but the fact that it was buffet style was the icing on the cake! My classmates pointed out that the surrounding community was no different from where we lived, diverse and full of energy. I admired the diversity among the thousands of students on the campus, and at that very moment I knew UGA was the place I wanted to be.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you found so much interest with in 30mins. I agree that UGA seems nothing out of the norm and that it's similar to home. You made a great choice and I hope this is the school for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work and continue on the right path. I hope you do acheive your dreams and goals and the University of Georgia!!

    ReplyDelete